WHAT WE DO
La Montañita Co-op’s commitment to local food began over thirty years ago with our practice of purchasing directly from area farmers for our first retail store. This history reinforces our regional leadership in the local foods movement. The Co-op Distribution Center provides access and distribution to wholesale markets for our farmers and vendors and supports this local economy.
WHY WE DO IT
By committing ourselves to this work, the co-op seeks to increase the number of medium sized farms and food businesses in our region, thereby fostering a healthier, more susatinable local economy.
• brings more fresh, fair, local foods to your table
• connects farmers & producers to new markets
• provides distribution and other services usually
• helps farmers and ranchers stay on their land
• supports local business and sustainable jobs
• connects urban and rural communtities
• increases the impact of our dollars by keeping them at
• fosters healthier ecosystems
• contributes to a healthier local economy
• demonstrates the efficiency, value an impact of
We define “LOCAL” as any food produced within a roughly 300-mile radius of Albuquerque.
This concept of a foodshed, is a way of thinking about sustainable food systems —a triple
bottom line business model in which social, economic and ecological outcomes matter.
Weekly stops in and around:
Call us to find out more: 505-217-2010
TAOS • SANTA FE • ALBUQUERQUE • LOS ALAMOS • SILVER CITY • LAS CRUCES • GALLUP